Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My "Little" Weight Loss Blog (Week One)

I could blame my recent weight gain on my pushing the big FOUR-OH and the drop in metabolism that occurs with that; I could blame it on the fact that I have carried and given birth to four children; I could blame it on my lack of time to exercise due to my full-time work schedule combined with being a mother; I could blame it on the "Super-Size-Me" conspiracy theories; I could blame it on a lot of factors, but what it all boils down to is my becoming a reclusive, complacent, couch potato.

I decided to start this blog to track my progress, or lack thereof, with regard to my attempt to lose weight and become more active and energetic. Let's see how this plays out...

Let me preface all of this by stating that, a) I have NEVER been on a diet in my life, and I'm not going to start one now (I don't believe in them); b) I have NEVER even owned a bathroom scale; c) I am heavier NOW (by 23 pounds!) than when I was nine months pregnant with my heaviest pregnancy; d) I have put a whopping 58 pounds on this poor body in just the last three and a half years. That's a size 5 to a size 16!; e) I have a bad hip, bad knees and bad ankles so I'm going to start off by speed walking and yoga and see where that gets me.

I broke down and bought maternity jeans a few months ago! MATERNITY JEANS!!! My gut has gotten so big it can no longer be teasingly called a "muffin top". Nope. It's more like the "spare tire" that overweight, middle-aged men carry around. I don't feel sexy or pretty or even cute. I feel like a slug. I REFUSE to wait until it's summertime only to break down and buy maternity shorts and capri pants!

As of February 4, 2009, these are my stats:

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 178 lbs.
Bust: 42"
Waist: 43"
Hips: 43"
L Thigh: 26"
R Thigh: 26"
(At least the thighs are symmetrical!)

EWWWW!!!! ONE of my thighs is the same measurement as my waist was 3 1/2 years ago!!!! WTF?????!!!!! That is just SAD, SAD, SAD.

My goal is an average weight loss of three pounds per week...

No comments: