Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Thoughts on Moving Home

There are so many things I love about my hometown. I had forgotten a lot of the individual things over the last nine years I had been living elsewhere, but I needed only to sit on my back porch my first night there to remember many of them. It was dark; darker than the city I had been living in; and I could see so many more stars in the sky. I could actually find more constellations than just the Big Dipper and Orion. The semi-rural smell of the air. The lack of traffic noise. And the grand finale... the sound of a train running along the nearby tracks!

I've missed you, my old friend. There truly is no place like home.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Suz said...

Wonderful! It is weird how often I don't even notice the trains and their noise. We get so caught up in the noise of our own lives we miss out on the sounds beyond that.

Welcome home. Call me
Luv ya